Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Let's Try This Again

Theologygirl.com.  I have paid its rent for over a decade, and ignored it for most of that time.  I was most prolific when I was avoiding procrastinating taking a break from doing my dissertation and in denial about training for a marathon.  It thus makes sense to clean the cobwebs off the ol’ URL now that I am once again in graduate school.  I need something to help avoid procrastinate take a break from my current studies. 

My current studies in writing.  I am writing to avoid other writing.

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

Here’s a helpful web safety tip from me to you:  It is not true that something on the Internet stays on the Internet forever.  If you do not, say, pay for your webhosting long enough and you leave your site to go fallow, it might go away forever. 

“Oh!  But!  Waybackmachine,” you may say.  Yes!  But!  No!  Those screenshots only do so much, and the rest is lost.  I had a plan to bring back some of the greatest hits from the old site, but alas.  That is not to be.  So if you want something you’ve posted to go away, try really wanting it to be there.  The Internet might swallow it as a sacrifice. 


Here’s to a new year of writing.  Nice to see you again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k